CAT 2014 Notification CAT IIM 2014 Eligibility Criteria The CAT entrance examination or the Common Aptitude Test examination is held every year for MBA aspirants to take admission in different Management Institutions across India.
Must Check: CAT 2014 Online Application form Submission
In 2014, it will be conducted by IIM Indore in partnership with TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) across 99 cities in India, in a total of four sessions. One interesting thing about this year’s CAT examination is that there will be major changes in the pattern of the question paper.
The students will also get an additional thirty minutes to finish answering the paper as well. The tentative dates on which the examination will be held are November 16th 2014 and November 22nd 2014.
CAT 2014 Exam Notification
The CAT 2014 exam notification has already been released and all information regarding the exam is available to interested candidates/ applicants. According to this notification, some important dates regarding the examination are as follows:
1) Start of CAT 2014 registration process- 6th August 2014
2) End of CAT 2014 registration process - 30th September 2014
3) CAT 2014 examination dates - 16th and 22nd November
4) Announcement of result - Third week of December 2014
CAT 2014 Information Brochure
Applicants/ Candidates who are preparing to apply for the CAT 2014 exam should bear one important information in mind: The applications can only be made online, there is no other way of registering your application offline or by post.
Some other key points to bear in mind:
1) The selection committee of CAT includes personnel from IIM and other top management institutes.
2) Apart from the CAT score which is given after the examination, the candidates have to go through a process of group discussion (GD), personal interview (PI) and a written ability test (WAB) for their selection completion.
3) The candidate will be shortlisted by the respective B-schools based on their overall scores.
CAT 2014/ IIM Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the CAT/ IIM 2014 examination is summarized as follows:
- Applicants for CAT 2014, must have completed graduation from a recognized university.
- For General category applicants, the minimum required percentage is 50%.
- For Reservation classes, there is a relaxation of 5%
- Students in their final year of graduation can also apply for CAT 2014.